 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8329
Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:00:59 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

For the big new spring 2004 layout,  I really don't want to be think
about it untill about a month after brickfest.  I think the designs we
were talking about at dinner after NMRA were cool.  I'd like to see us
come up with several different layout ideas then decide on one of them.

I liked the ideas with the large lake and bridges.

I'm not rejecting this idea, but I'd like to see what else we can come
up with.  One thing this layout doesn't address is our need for more
interiour space.  I'd like us to try and work out a few designs that
would address this issue.

The Hobby show layout I'm not interested in participating in a big way.
I'd be willing to provide some buildings to fill out a module and maybe
some rolling stock.

I suspect our strategy for Hobby Show should be a relatively small and flat
layout.  We'll divide modules by land again, real estate style, but it'll be
mostly existing buildings.

This makes sense, and something like this I could provide some items for
and not feel I had to be there full time.  Which is what I want to avoid
at this time.

I am however committed to doing some large scale building for Spring 2004.

Derek