 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8295
  November Hobby Show Layout

Okay, here's the deal: November is Hobby Show. I think it'll be really cool if we could bring some Lego Trains or Lego Robotics. What do we do? a) Run rtl14 revisited there for show. Everyone keeps their Rice Robots for a month or two, then we run (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) I'm going to start a 'mini-layout' in my house after the 1st of August. It'll be probably 3 mods by 3 mods as the layout (with the middle square open for easy access), and a siding for 'park outs'. I'd like to set up something easily moved and (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) How about this-- We could use existing modules to add to this layout--ie, the Station, the Dam and a couple of "filler wing" modules ala RoadShow. That could bring us to 5x3 or so easily. Do you have an idea of what the 3x3 will look like? (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) A singularly uninspired layout: (URL) it to your HD and view it in Track Designer. The only thing going for it is that it shows where the water comes for the dam. Dave K (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) This might be a stupid question, but... does it have to be one OR the other? Is it possible to have a bit of both? (...) I think any robots would be great. Whether it's a few from the last competition or just some more basic examples... I know (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) Sure. It also depends on the size of the booth. The robot playfield is large, so it takes good amount of space (12x12" minimum-it's a 8x8" playfield and you need to give people space around it to move). DaveK has a 4x4 playfield, but you're (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) The booth is 40 feet of table space across the front, not including the space reserved for the train layout. (...) Ah, o.k. I see the issue. So the question becomes... do you guys _want_ to bring those type of bots; that require that kind of (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

I'm noticing that the more I play with it, the more it looks like the layout from Altenberg.... (URL) and view-- In this rendition, the train yard's there, Jeff's docking area (upsidown) is there, Calum's Train Station and Cargo dock is there, and (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) Sorry, it's sitting right now at 4 mods by 6 mods--and having 5 x 6 is an option. (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) I'd take a second look at that 45degree crossing. I was willing to cut up two straights to make a new crossing but I wouldn't take four switchs to pieces. :-) To use the crossing I built the tracks must be separated 32 studs on center. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) I'm not sure I'll be able to put together much for the November layout myself. rtl14 will be taking up my time until September and after that I may be away. So to be safe I'll have to wait until our spring 2004 layout to contribute much. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  More layouts

K, two more uploads--one outrageously big (and looks remarkably similar to Altenburg) And the other pretty tiny--3x4 with the 2 shipyard mods on the side. (URL) K (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

Ooooo! ooooo! A de-lurk! Welcome to rtlToronto! rtlToronto is an informal group of folks who love building, designing and discussing Lego. Originally from the Usenet newsgroup rec.toys.lego but now on Lugnet (lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto), a community (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) <snip> (...) Just in case you didn't know, Jeremy! Dave K (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) It's a counter-lurk. :) S. Underhill. (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) I liked the ideas with the large lake and bridges. (...) I suspect our strategy for Hobby Show should be a relatively small and flat layout. We'll divide modules by land again, realestate style, but it'll be mostly existing buildings. This (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Newer Layout was Re: November Hobby Show Layout

(...) I'm not rejecting this idea, but I'd like to see what else we can come up with. One thing this layout doesn't address is our need for more interiour space. I'd like us to try and work out a few designs that would address this issue. (...) This (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)