 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7622
Re: Well I'm back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:58:20 GMT

Actually I only buy Lego sets that "scream" at me "BUY ME!"

Sounds like a good criteria for making brick purchases.

Since town has been juniorized and I don't like those new World City sets
too much,

Well I have a good portion of the juniorized sets, actually alarmingly high
(sad to say).  The new World City sets look like they got some good parts,
its too bad its a recurring theme.  Lego Town enthusiasts wanted a return
to new town, its a shame that LEGO put out police sets.  I have several
different police stations.  I wish that LEGO put out something different,
like maybe 3 or 4 new but different houses, or maybe some new shops
for downtown (to go with their mainstreet).

I look at Legends at other more detailed sets like the Shell Promo sets
(I'm thinking on buying the Kit with all of the Shell sets, anyone know
if that is a good idea or not?).

I think there is some good parts in some of them.  I especially like the
Shell Select Shop as there is some really nice pieces in it.  The car wash
is also quite nice.  The rest of the sets are still too juniorized for
my taste, even though I have all 5.  (3 of them are from the original
offering, the other 2 are from LEGO itself since bringing them back).

And the other sets are the new Back-How and the old Extreme Off-Roader
(I am kind of new at Lego Technic, I only have the 4x4 Offroader).

That isn't too bad.  I wish I could afford both of those sets.  It looks
like a good start to a good Technic collection!!!

I noticed that, there are robotic competitions. Bad news, I don't
actually like the Mindstorms line. I know it is very educating and
fun but nothing grabs me towards that  theme! Though, after I wrote
all this, I senced some humour around that I can't  get my finger on.......

If you want to get a head start on the mindstorm collection, LEGO Shop @
Home has a really good deal on.  You get a 2.0 RIS, an Ultimate Builder
Set, a remote control, and a spare 9V motor.

I'm surprised you said that you find that Mindstorms isn't geared towards
you.  I find there is some usefulness in them, especially in powering
certain creations, great uses in Train Layouts (motorized train
crossings, DCC, etc.)  Plus Robotics are just plain cool!!

Robotics are too advanced for myself.  I guess I've never graduated to that
level. :(  Though, there is some good books to read, especially Jin Sato.
("Lego Mindstorms") That is an awesome book to read.  It is so cool, that
my local library even had it.  "Lego Mindstorms" is published by No Starch
Press.

Ben