 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7399
Re: Building Competition LEGO Robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 20:24:05 GMT

I think your attitude toward the competition is important to.  You can
approach it in the I'm going to win this, the I'm going to see if I can
build something that works or the I'm going to go nuts and see what happens.

For the most part I'm in the lets see if I can get something that works,
but I've hit all three.  For the monkey contest and king of the hill I
just wanted to make something that worked.  My approach to project X was
lets see if I can win this thing, which didn't work out all that well,
but I tried.  For bridge building I was going for the most outrageous
approach I could thing of and had no thoughts of whether I even win a
single round.  Unfortunately I never managed to complete this one.

Contest are for fun, so some times it's great to not think of winning
but entertaining yourself and others with a wacky design.

As for the rice contest, I'm planing to be in Alaska.  :-)

Derek