 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7398
Re: Building Competition LEGO Robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 14 May 2003 20:05:30 GMT

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-060901-dave15.jpg

for an example of a very big, but very simple 'bot.

It's interesting to look at it now and see all the different modules there.

But it worked, and the program was very simple.

Note the V in the front--originally I ahd these arms that went out about a
foot an a half to each side, that folded up and all (to fit in the dimension
restrictions) and had all these gears/tank treads/antennae that would just
sweep blocks towards the center--looked great but broke every so often.

The V, whilst not as impressive looking, worked flawlessly--no moving parts.

Nice pic Calum :)

Dave K