 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6758
  Re: ...I almost peed! (Or: VIDEO of the most amazing thing ever)

(...) Rob, you should have been at the post game dinner to add your voice to the fray. the runner up idea for the next game was "connect four" we buy the official game as seen here (URL) the goal was to build a robot that would play against another (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ...I almost peed! (Or: VIDEO of the most amazing thing ever)

(...) Connect Four(tm) has two sides... Would you allow each robot to play from its own side so the back away has to be just a few inches to clear the piece dropping entry point, or would you require both robots to play from the same side (making (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  connect four

(...) yes. the idea was to replace the kids in the photo with lego robots. -- Chris Why do solar calculators have an off button? (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

(...) I would rather have the connect 4 board be made out of LEGO, much like the Project X--one 'bot can use black 3x3 and the other 'bot can use white 3x3, and the playfield can be set up on grey baseplates--with one 'bot on one side, and the other (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

(...) Dave, I know you just replaced the upper and lower rad hose's on your truck... but the MB game would cost about $15 tops. I plan on spending that much on bulk rice for this game. the uncomfortable part is what will we do with all that rice (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

(...) I was all ready to go to somethingawful.com, find an image from the Photoshop Phriday with "board games", and post the link here, saying - "Let's play this one instead with our robots". Then I realised how funny they are, and how, shockingly, (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  (canceled)

  Re: connect four

(...) You give it to me! I looooove rice! Tonight is rice night at Iain's pad. Iain (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

I did a quick look through some pages on game theory and it appears there are forced win scenarios for the first player. Now I don't know if you can get the algorithm to fit into a RCX but it does make the game kind of pointless if you can. Derek (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

iain, something strange just happened... when i clicked the link from the post using netscape 4.72 i was sent to a different page with a VERY RUDE picture..... and the pic was called "dontleech.jpg" BUT when I cut and paste the link directly, i get (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

(...) Um... yeah. I'm kind of freaked out now, because that was entirely NOT the intended result. That should probably get deleted ASAP. Iain (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

(...) I get a Websense denied--my firewall won't let me view it--have to wait until i get home tonite. Dave K (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

(...) This interested me for a while-- I wrote a recursive program once that would look X ply into the game, though because I never stored state information, it took ridiculously exponentially longer with each value of X. Something like 6 ply was (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: connect four

(...) After it's been grinded through with Lego robots? You're getting a LOT of rice, son. BTW, before we get started, I'd like to introduce you to the concept of a SRC-Standby Rice Cooker. Fixture in any Asian Canadian household. Calum (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:HC0zxD.pwF@lugnet.com... (...) I changed my mind. I bought McDonalds Fillet-O-Fish combo. I always substute in a chocolate triple-thick milkshake. (...) I *CLAPPED*. Do not forget about (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: connect four

(...) Ah yes. One of the qualifications of the Standby Rice Cooker is the Uninterruptible Power Supply. Usually a 600A -48VDC one with outboard diesel power generator out back. Calum (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)