 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5979
Re: Learning from LOR...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:34:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

Dave re these two problems

1--the feet--I cannot, for the life of me, get a good foot--I'll try more
ways tonight

2--mounting the RCX's--nothing seems to allow me to get the RCX's on LOR
with safety, security, and any semblance of them being able to communicate
with one another.

have you tried putting an RCX in each leg. maybe even using the rcx as a
foot.  now the bot only has to lift the weight if the bot and ONE rcx
per step.  also with the RCX down low you lower the COG.

just a thought.

Chris

It's the COG reasons why I put the RCX's at the top--I don't want the COG to
be close to the bottom--I want it to be kinda in the middle of the torso, as
well as most of the weight as close to the center line as possible.

That way, if the 'bot leans to one side, even just a bit, the majority of
the weight also is on that one side.  This allows the balancing o nthe leg
to be very easy.

but tinking about it now, I may try to move an RCX to each leg, and have the
third attached to the chest area somewhere.

I had another great idea given to me from Rob--make a 'backpack' of
RCX's--one issue I'm noticing is that LOR needs the weight to the front of
the 'bot.

We shall try more stuff tonite

Dave K

Thanks for the idea