 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5515
Re: The portlands below altenburg
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:00:20 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Ok, I did up a picture of this idea.  Marked the modules in Red.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/miscellaneous/altenburgdocklands2.gif

Don't worry about the strange cross over under Altenburg.  We don't have
to talk about that now, I know how much Chris hates it when I talk about
modifying parts. :-)

Derek

Looks fantastic, Derek.

I think there's going to be a lot of competition to install cranes into
the Portlands :)

I'd like to point out (Jeff, pay heed!) that there's going to need to be
a mountainfront cliff and two tunnel entrances where those two tracks
come out from under Altenburg.  It'll need to sweep around to follow the
curve of track coming out of the high switch, and meet up with the ramp
eventually.  I'm happy to provide that, or leave it to you.  But you'll
nee to leave some space to make it look decent.

If pressured, I could remove the 16x32 plate at that corner and start to
curve the hillside down early, but that only deals with part of the
problem.

* * *

With regard to the new crossover:

Way to go Derek!  Who is going to be brave enough to wield soldering
iron, knife and dremel, though?

* * *

A modification to the TDL for altenburg:

Here is the image of what I'm trying to do in my part of Altenburg:
http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/Altenburg_Station.jpg

And here is the tdl for this part:
http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/altenburg_alt1.tdl

Basically, there's just a siding, with a 2-level station wrapped around
this and the lower-level track.

I'll bring part of my station to the dinner tonight. (Don't worry - it
fits inside a shoebox with room to spare!)

Jeff E