 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5512
Re: The portlands below altenburg
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:41:46 GMT

Wow, that's a lot of shoehorning!

I think you're going to run into four basic problems with this layout:

1) Curves into Calum's station aren't going to work
2) The geometry is a bit iffy, which will lead to track breaks
3) The tight parallel curves (if that makes sense) are going to lead to
trains on adjacent tracks colliding
4) You're using up a lot of terrain on a perfectly good module to
support the tracks.  You'll also have trouble making decent-looking road
crossing across all that track.

I think Derek's suggestion is good - take an extra 1/2 module of room
and we'll shift the ramp 1/2 module out.

Then you can take a siding out with impunity.

Jeff E

Jeff Van Winden wrote:

Hello all,

I was attempting to get more room for the altenburg port lands... since
there is not that much space to begin with... and I came up with this design...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/Train4/altenburg2.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/Train4/altenburg2.tdl

and an up close view:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/Train4/port.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/Train4/port.tdl

this will give me room for 2 - 3 ships to be docked (2 perpendicular to the
main line, and possibly one parallel near the spur line.

I have also come up with a few container and gripper ideas that I will bring
with me tonight... Don't worry Chris the grippers are made out of Technic...

see you tonight at Swiss Chalet...
Jeff VW

folder after moderation: