 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4964
Re: R11 -- a brick too far
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 03:40:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
(the dave dave dave is the new macro hot key, I can make a few more now
that I have a SUPER COMPUTER (tm) like one that says Bruce Bruce
Bruce...)

You!...write a macro that works!!!  Know what...I no longer have to pretend
that you wrote something funny!

Anyway, I think I'll have a robot for this contest...I worked on an idea for
a couple of hours tonight, and so far, it seems promising...of course, I
always say that at the outset.

Are the posted rules final?  Has there been any discussion of how the robots
are positioned initially (can we place them in any position within the
starting square)? Have we decided whether a robot must cross the gap or can
it 'reach' from it's own table. I assume there is a 5 minute time limit.
What is the purpose of defining a tie if total points is all that matters?
Finally, I assume that the contest is over the instant one of the robots
lifts the flag.

Speaking of points, I think we should endeavor to be a little more formal in
running the contest, specifically, I think we should try to have each robot
compete against all the others. In our last contest a medium strength robot
could actually accumulate more total points by being 'ready' more often and
thus competing more frequently.