 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4720
Re: interesting experience from Lego Consumer Affairs...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:41:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
I recently got a Deluxe Metroliner...
I was upset at the pieces that were included in the set...wrong windows,
missing grey plates, so I called them up.  I got the "corrected" window
pieces today. I didn't get any plates to make up for the ones that were
missing.  I am not going to waste my time trying to get new 1 by 2 grey
plates.  Besides the correct windows, I got a new woman's hairpiece.

so with mixed feelings, I post this message as a possible warning to
avoid the 10001 Metroliner if you can due to incorrect or missing
pieces.

Hi Ben,

I purchased a Metroliner Deluxe a while back, and prior to my order I had
read here that there were problems with a small lot of wrong parts (which
LEGO would replace easily upon request). However, among those parts there
was no reference to the grey plates. How many were missing in your set?

Pedro

I was missing 4...I had to take them from my existing stock of grey plates.
The plates belonged on the ends of the train cars (to connect them to each
other).

Thanks,

Ben