 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3572
Re: Rotation Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:55:20 GMT

I have to say, since this subject has been mentioned, although this may be a
wholly unsuitable forum to vent about it, that the people who "invade" these
discount opportunities for profit make me really mad! I don't know any
equitable way to deal with them except to boycott them on ebay and similar
places. I bought my share of $10 Znap sets to harvest motors for use with
Mindstorms RCXs etc.

I wonder if it would be possible to set up a "limit two per household" type
scheme which would make it really hard for the bulk buyer while a modestly
creative "real user" could buy two (or four with a little imagination)easily.

Does anyone know why places like the Lego outlet stores do these deals? I'd
love to think it was to try to help us loyal users happy, but I tend to
doubt it. Is it worth asking the company directly at the upcoming BricksWest
event?

... end of rant ...

JB

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
Grrr!!

All rotation sensors are sold.  Last week they had lots so if I jump to
conclusions (which many people know I'm prone to do--yeah, whatever!!), some
so-and-so probably bought a whole bunch and pretty soon we'll see them on
eBay for at least twice as much than they were at this outlet mall.

this is why i dislike people who 'collect' LEGO (the ones that do it for
profit!)

Grrr!!!

So sorry guys, no 'tation sensors for you--one year!

Dave

p.s. guy at outlet store said to call back in 2 weeks to see if he has
more--the order is in to LEGO co. I'll keep tabs on it.

p.p.s.  he has light and temp. sensors still.

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
K, calling up the outlet mall right now and ordering 8 rotation sensors...

2 for Calum

2 for Jeff

and 4 for me

anyone else?