 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3373
Re: entertaining spectators
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 17:07:07 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Matthias Jetleb writes:
whatever audience shows up something to look at while a bunch of Lego
geeks tinker between matches.

Matthias Jetleb

I *may* bring a quick caster or 2 and my mini arena for them to bounce
around in.  Whoever else wants to bring a 'bot with wheels and such, (even
my R2 unit may make an appearance...) we could just throw them in the arena
and  see what happens.

A question for those 'in the know'..

Last night was the first time I used the scout for anything other than
built-in programs.  I connected a fiber-optic cable from the light out on
the scout to the VLL in on the microscout, which works surprisingly well.
That part i'm impressed with.

My question, tho, is that the fiber optic cable only has 1 large end on it,
the end that fits nicely into a half-peg that pushes into either the optical
out on the scout or the VLL on the microscout.  THe other end of the fiber
optic cable is that narrow end that usually gets pushed into one of the 8
holes in the technic light unit.  How do you make a nice connection from the
scout to the microscout?  Right now I have a half-peg in both the scout and
microscout and the narrow end of the fiber cable jsut sort of sits inside
the half peg.  I mean it works but can pull out too easily.

Anyway, that's a question from me.

Since my x 'bot is mostly good, I'm pursuing other technic/mindstorms ideas.

Dave