 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3345
Re: Train3 Updated Layout and Door Dimensions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:24:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
-I measured the doors today at Lillian H Smith.  The max width is 32".  So
if you use 1x2 framing around the modules for racking, you should be just
okay.  JeffE suggested bolting an N shape.  Probably a good idea!

Ummm, presumably, the MINIMUM width is 32"... ie, the narrowest
dimension we're forced to deal with.  So I don't think putting 1x2s on
all 4 side will work at all:

I meant maximium available width or maximum module width...  But yeah,
minimum width of the door would probably make more sense.

30.75" (width of module)
+ 2 x 0.75" (Thickness of 1x2)
= 32.25"

And then there's the bolt heads.  You'll have to leave two opposite
sides 1x2-free to get thru the door.

Actually the modules are 30.25", so without bolt heads is 31.75.  Plus I
left some margin in there.

Calum

Actually guys.....
The way that calum designed his racking system it WILL fit with no problems...
30.75" (width of module)
+ 1 x 0.75" (Thickness of 1x2)
= 31.5" + bolt head theckness...

(one because the 1 x 2 are off set, one in each corner, so all we would have
to do is bring the module in on a slight angle.....

Jeff VW