 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3189
3188  |  3190
Subject:
faster than a 48x CD re-writer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 04:04:26 GMT

WELL, this just in.

I know that many people are working fast and furious on x-robots.

i also know that When you build a robot (for speed) , you have no idea
how your robot compares.  SO

For all the lurkers and secret robot builders, I would like to announce
my current best speed for my robot solving the anti-X pattern.  Ok, some
people might call it an O but the point here is that......

oh never mind.

the Anti-X pattern is the only pattern that forces a robot to pick and
place EVERY brick. and IMHO is a good test for speed.

Know I know that Calum, has stated that some robot designs in
combination with other block patterns are actually more time consuming
BUT i think that is a failing of the robot design.  (shrug) and not a
factor of the pattern.

So, without further ado.  I'd like to break with tradition and publicly
announce that IF the contest were tomorrow; then My now fully complete
and working robot will clock a time of 40 sec to solve the anti X.

Of course, I want to point out that i have over a month to fix my
marriage, AND make the robot faster and better.  BUT the important thing
here is that I have a working robot.  the overall design has not changed
much from the original pics that were posted a while ago.

So if you have a robot, and have a burning desire to know how you will
place then this is a new benchmark.

as an aside, if you have times to post please feel free.

Chris
Pretend this says something funny