 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 313
  My First Stacking Attempt

Well, I got on the horse again thanks to Chris and Iain today. Here's what I built: (URL) night I'm going to try and get the thing to split in half to deploy. If that works I'm home free to get at least a few blocks stacked :) If not, well... Calum (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:G7wwLp.F4@lugnet.com... (...) what (...) :) (URL) right. (...) :) No no!! You said that's not allowed. :) Iain (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) WOW!!! oh my gosh. Calum that's great good for you!!! nice implantation of the blue tubes that hold the final stack. looks clean. how many blocks can be shot up before they weigh too much and overpower the motor?? -- Chris Lego Walker now @ (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) Well Iain, it's time to get building a stacker, because if I can do it....that's major shame if you can't :) Calum (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) Well, in the setup now, it's the blue tubes that present the limit. I think it'll go four with the current setup until they bend away and a block falls out of the gaps between tubes. I'm gonna have to reinforce the tubes (which are easy to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) I like Robs too. Thought your premise is looking pretty good! It appears that we all appreciated the double tires grabbing and throwing the block up ;) I incorporated something similar in my (soon to be done) 'bot because the grabber arm I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

This major (...) My stacker, elegant?? Thanks guys. Although, I should point out that the close fit of my stack guides caused a lot of headaches and heartaches at the last competition. Having some room for error is a very good thing. Calum, your (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:G7xJo4.FL4@lugnet.com... (...) I already told you! I'm not doing stacking. I just can't. Iain (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) Well, it's the kind of polish we'd like to achieve :) (...) It will split open at the front (the yellow thingy was temporary) as detailed in the page: (URL) put a new picture of how I think it should open, but this is a mockup. The first (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

I just had some more thoughts on your mechanism... Using curved guides up front should elimenate most of your block alignment problems. Use a couple of those big sloped znap pieces like Chris did. This way, you would only have to drive the grabber (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) That was the plan, but it's a little more insidious than that. :( It's not just the floor plane, it's the alignment in the other plane-ie, it's if a block hops into the wheels (ie, being bumped by another block behind it, or being bumped by an (...) (24 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) Ummm.... I probably wouldn't do it, but I haven't seen how well the spinning tires work. I am also partial to minimizing motors. But your plan is a lot simpler. (...) Sounds like you are well on the way! I will either bring a demo model of my (...) (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: My First Stacking Attempt

(...) My lpatop will be there. I come straight from work so laptop always comes in tow. Thinking about taking a few vacation days next week so I can finalize my 'bot. Boss is pretty excited about the whole thing, might even show at the event Dave (24 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)