 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 340
Re: My First Stacking Attempt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 14:39:23 GMT

Actually, I was planning (but let me know if you think this is silly) to
leave them on all the time.  Continously, driven off a secondary battery box.

Ummm.... I probably wouldn't do it, but I haven't seen how well the spinning
tires work. I am also partial to minimizing motors. But your plan is a lot
simpler.

Could you?  I now have a frame that splits nicely with a little bit of
elasticity, and is reasonably strong with hardpoints that could be connected
to a chassis. If you spread the sides, then let go, the frame returns back
to normal due to a rubber band.
I'm going to try and power said plunger/slants with a wormdriven linear
translation (ie, Leo Dorst mechanism) and a micromotor...and I have an idea
(I'm thinking of using those three by three flat "wings") as how to build
it, but I'd like to see what you'd recommend.

Sounds like you are well on the way! I will either bring a demo model of my
mechanism, or draw you a picture at the dinner.

By the way, if someone (you or Dave?) could bring a laptop with Mlcad on it
to the dinner, I have a cool stacker mechanism to show...

Rob