 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 317
Re: My First Stacking Attempt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:25:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
Here's what
I built:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/lego-kbot-stack-index.html

WOW!!! oh my gosh.  Calum that's great good for you!!!  nice
implantation of the blue tubes that hold the final stack.  looks clean.

how many blocks can be shot up before they weigh too much and overpower
the motor??

Well, in the setup now, it's the blue tubes that present the limit.  I think
it'll go four with the current setup until they bend away and a block falls
out of the gaps between tubes.  I'm gonna have to reinforce the tubes (which
are easy to slide on and flexible in accomodating uneven stacks) with a beam
structure. I suspect it'll hold as many as five or six.  I noticed if a
block stacks in wrong, it'll nearly rip apart the tube frame...

I also need to build it in such a way it'll split open on command.  If I can
do both, then I think I can get a stack realistically of about three or four
tall-because the taller it gets, the more unstable they become.  This major
is very imprecise compared to any of the other designs out there.  If this
was elegant, i'd do it like Rob's :)

Calum