 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 328
Re: My First Stacking Attempt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:04:39 GMT

I just had some more thoughts on your mechanism... Using curved guides up front
should elimenate most of your block alignment problems. Use a couple of those
big sloped znap pieces like Chris did. This way, you would only have to drive
the grabber wheels when a block is on the way in. Then you could rig up a
direction splitter and use one direction of the motor to drive the wheels, and
the other direction to split open the mechanism. The flex axles should allow a
lot of flexibility (imagine that!) in the drive system. So putting all of this
together shouldn't be too hard. As far as the split goes, you are on the right
track with the slanted pieces. I did something similar on my robot. I can send
you a quick Ldraw file if you like...
Rob