 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2900
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 06:39:58 GMT

Mark it on your calendars, put it in your PalmPilot, scribble it on your
hand if you have to-Saturday, February 23rd, 2002 is now confirmed for
rtlToronto10: ProjectX*, the tenth rtlToronto Lego event.

I will try to make it there, if the weather let me.  I got some questions and
suggestions:

How do we define 'finish first'?  I think the robot need to play some sound to
declare that it is done.  Just making the X pattern alone is not enough since
the robot may be still scanning the area it hasn't visited.  Of course if the
robot declare victory without actually making a complete X pattern then it
should not have any bonus point.

I guess we will have a little PC program to generate the random pattern?

The owner need to mark a certain square at the lower left square of the
pattern.  Otherwise the owner may rotate the starting pattern to suit the
robot's design.  I think we should leave all the thinking to the robot.

Can I build stuff over the plate wall and call that part of the robot? ;)

What happened in rtlToronto9?  I cannot find any photos on brickshelf and there
were no talks about it at all.