 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2893
  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002

Hi folks, Mark it on your calendars, put it in your PalmPilot, scribble it on your hand if you have to-Saturday, February 23rd, 2002 is now confirmed for rtlToronto10: ProjectX*, the tenth rtlToronto Lego event. Being such a special occassion (okay, (...) (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002

(...) I will try to make it there, if the weather let me. I got some questions and suggestions: How do we define 'finish first'? I think the robot need to play some sound to declare that it is done. Just making the X pattern alone is not enough (...) (23 years ago, 1-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002

(...) Ummmm, R9 was GREAT!!! I'm sure there are a lot of pictures......... Calum???? -- Chris Pretend this says something funny (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002

(...) Uh yeah. I'll put them up when I have the time. Do you ever sit down at your PC when you get home and realize, you know, I spent 8-10 hours in front of the PC at work? That's how it feels lately. Low activation enegry. How about some nice (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002

(...) I'm going to have to disagree. i think we will all know which robot finished first because it will be the first robot to put down the final block to make the X pattern. In my opinion, the robot could keep scanning the board and whistle dixie, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002

(...) I think Ka-On has a point-there's going to be a lot of robots spread over several tables, which means it's not going to be obvious who has finished first. Why not have a beep, it's just as prone as the robot's owner or some kid screaming, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002

(...) Yeah it would reduce the possibility of argument of who was done first. Also it matches what a real robot would behave in a factory, which a robot need to signal other devices so that the finished product would pass to the next process stage. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto10: Project X Lego Event Confirmed for February 23rd, 2002

(...) OK, I understand now. This is a valid point. And it is easy enuff to correct for. I'm sure all the bot's will have some designated cell 1. With that said, who among us would stoop to the point of doing something so..... un lego like??? :) (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)