 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2815
  how perfect....

For the upcoming R10 robot game; I have a question about scoring. For those new to the game, details can be found here: (URL) My robot picks up a block, the process of moving it to its target square rattles stuff. When the robot finally puts the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

(...) No. I don't think that's okay-A block is in place if it sits indexed into the baseplate in the fashion the way they start. Calum (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message news:3BF474AF.61D324...ome.com... (...) I'd say that's really pushing it. :) In real-world automation (not trying to sound elitist or anything, just stating fact), accurate placement is usually a very (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

(...) <mock Chris: ON> --- I Don't know how it got turned off..... That's an easy question: If your name is Chris Magno you will be deducted 10 points. If your robot in any way resembles Chris Magno (be it in a effigy or just down right SLOW) you (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

(...) IMHO, if the block is in the square and not touching the walls of the cell, it's good 'nuff but i'm not the cartesian 'bot expert! Dave (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

This is why I'd prefer bricks for the cell walls instead of plates. If a block is hung up on a brick wall it is obviously out of shape, but if its hanging on the edge of a plate wall it becomes more of a judgement call. I feel the block should be (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

(...) I'm gonna put 45 degree sloped roof caps around the perimeter of my cells so that the block'll slide into each cell :) that'll learn ya big time!!!! Dave (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: how perfect....

re: cell wall construction OK, here is what was decided upon and from now on we will never again argue about whether the cell walls are bricks or plates!! We took a vote and more people put up their hands for plates then bricks. The other issue is (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)