 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1864
1863  |  1865
Subject:
The Clock is ticking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 18:12:12 GMT

Tick...

tick...

tick...

So I spent about 1/2 the weekend building; I always seem to bite off
just *slightly* more than I can chew with these events :)  Less than two
weeks, and the BEMM (Big Evil Mountain Module) is now about 14%
complete.

I don't have as many green bricks as I thought.  I like to overlap my
bricks by 1 stud on consecutive contours, in order to prevent "see
through" of the underlying colour in the crevices between bricks.
Sadly, when you're planning 22 or more contours, this adds up to a lot
of extra studs worth of green bricks, so I'm scrounging a bit.

Nevertheless, I will find economies and persevere; Miss Liberty,
f'r'instance, might sacrifice herself to the cause and mix verdigris in
with the green.

In the meantime, I finally buckled down and put the 1x2s under the
plywood in my modules.  Man, those #6 screws are hard to hammer in :P  I
didn't have quite the same measuring difficulties as some, but a few
butt-ends are going to need about 1/8" of aggressive sanding before
everything is "just so".

I noticed that the height are slightly uneven based on the exact
dimensions of the 1x2s I used - do we just stuff wads of paper under the
corners to shim them up?

All fer now, I guess!

Jeff