 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1887
Re: The Clock is ticking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:14:04 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:

Bolting them should reduce a lot of that...

is this what you REALLY believe?

REALLY......

I can see it now, as the MWME  (Magno Weight Maker  Express) comes
chugging on past each module, you should hear a delightful THUMP. as the
corner of one mod, SLAMS against the table.  Lastly,  because the MWME
is 18 studs wide and  powered by an independent RCX it should go
barreling INTO any station or bridge in its path.

:)

happy trains.

:)

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm

Well, let's see - I think I'm OK:

1) I've load tested my layout with 18 lbs of lead push/pulled by 6
engines.  This includes having 9 lbs+ dynamic loading on a bridge at
once.  Incidentally, this train goes a heck of a clip on slopes... :)

2) My layout is 10-wide compliant, including extra-extra long cars.

3) I've got these cool little slopey bits on either side of the bridge
abutments which will cause 12-wide and wider cars to lift themselves
right off the tracks if they insist on driving through.

So I'm cool with that. :D

Now I just need a letter of marque saying I can sieze any RCXes that try
to pull into my ports.  Arrrrr, matey!

Jeff E