 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17244
17243  |  17245
Subject:
some 'puter/math help please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:20:55 GMT

here's the scenario as best I can describe--

x and y co-ordinates

line segment starts at (0,0), goes out to whatever--let's say (10,15)

I want to make a dot follow the line segment from (10,15) down to (0,0)

So the dot startes at (10,15), then moves 1 unit along the line segment, and so
on, until the dot reaches (0,0)

all in computer-ese

so basically, I think I'm asking for the 'computer' mathematical equation to
derive the (x,y) for point (P) along the line segment (0,0)(10,15)

My math is extremely fuzzy to begin with, and it was 20+ years ago...

Thanks for any help

Dave K