 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16692
16691  |  16693
Subject:
Infidel !! was Re: [welcome to rtlIndiana]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 23:24:11 GMT

John Brost wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
  <snip lots of funny stuff>

Steve
co-founder rtlIndiana

Well, I don't know about up there in the great white north, but down here all
we're getting from the media is about UN resolutions and such, so here's what
I've learned...

Unfortunately I don't think this is the way to do things in the "modern" world.
Before we can move in and depose the leadership of RTLtoronto, we must get a
motion condemning their actions ratified and signed by a multi-national
contigent of AFOLs.  Then we'll have to wait and see if they change their ways.
If the leadership of RTLtoronto continues on their course of action, THEN we can
think of deposing the leadership... we'll have to get together a multi-national
peacekeeping force to handle things in RTLtoronto until the members of
RTLtoronto can come up with a system of government that fits their particular
needs & wishes.  You see, things are much more complicated than just simply
moving in and removing the leadership of RTLtoronto.  You see, if we were to
simply move in and take over, the people of RTLtoronto might become angry with
us because we can't solve all their problems.  This might lead to violence
against minifigs, which we wouldn't want.  If things go long enough, we might
even see a backlash and the people of RTLtoronto would get angry with us and our
leadership, which would be bad... wait, yeah that's a bad thing.

In order to get the ball rolling, here's a first draft of a letter of
condemnation... We'll have to distribute this widely to get it accepted.

---
To: leadership (we use the term loosly) of RTLtoronto

We, the people of NALO (North Atlantic Lego Organizations) feel that you have
not led RTLtoronto in a just manner.  Many of your own people have been angered
by your leadership (or lack thereof).  It is our decision that you should change
your ways, or be prepared for us to enforce a LEGO part embargo on the greater
Toronto area.  We feel that if you continue upon your current course, that we
will be forced to take further actions.

Below is a list of the things you must change

1.  Strict adherence to ALL rules & regulations for RTLtoronto events.  No more
bending the rules to allow builders who mis-understood rules to compete.  Even
is this causes a complete cancellation of events.

2.  Less mockery of your members, even if it is meant in good fun, we WILL NOT
tolerate mockery of members.  It can be hurtful as some people have extremely
thin skins.

3.  No more open discussions concerning future events.  All decisions must be
made behind closed doors and all decisions will be final.  This gives others the
appearance that all is well and projects an image of solid leadership.

4.  No more allowing other members of the group to organize & participate in
other LEGO groups, events, or discussion boards.  All requests of this sort must
be made through RTLtoronto's leadership structure and must be controlled
completely by the leadership or RTLtoronto.

Sincerely,

The members of the North Atlantic LEGO Organizations

---

I'm sure there are additional demands, please add as needed.

John

(who is busily beginning the military buildup as we speak.  Now where is that
Zamor sphere shooter, I can mount THAT on my NXT robot)

Infidel !!

We do not recognize your N A T O (North Atlantic Lego Organizations).
We are an autonomous collective operating under a new organization known
simply as

Figs Under Current King - Yankee's Officially Unrecognized.

We do not run some crack pot 2 bit dictatorship here.  We have weapons
of mass mocking.  We have allies.  At this time, I should also caution
you that, while I am a man of peace, there are those in rtlToronto that
do not look so kindly upon your list of recommendations.  They are a
fundamentalist group.  I do not control them.  Take this as a warning,
stop medaling in the affairs of other lugs.

Your minifigs are not safe if you continue playing the role of AFOL
world police.

It would not be too hard to imagine an extremist group in rtlToronto,
taking control of robots, and crashing them into your robot towers.

It might look like this:

http://www.thepyroguys.com/rtl19/smash.wmv

Heed this warning. No good comes from overthrowing the leadership of
other nations.

Chris
Leader