 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16536
Re: Dave's tears - R21 the results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 01:54:31 GMT

   my Secret...

The Tires.

Whats so special about the tires,

I used a 56x30R tire http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32180

and turned it INSIDE OUT, and mounted THAT on a a 43.2 x 28s Tire

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6579?img=23740

the result was THEE stickiest all lego tire EVER!

Aren’t the stickiness that made your motor stall, or was it the RC motor turning itself off?

So here are my pics: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=197576

Highlights:

Chris keep getting distracted by food and talking, and forgot to test his robot properly.

Calum is a Mac guy now.

I bought two bots, entered the one that has highest traction.

My match against Dave. My bot’s traction was losing against his string pulling power, at 3 inches per minute.

My match against Chris. My bot keep rolling the wheel and keep pulling itself toward the table edge, but did not fall off within 3 minutes. Chris was quite disappointed.

My match against Calum. Calum was winning at the beginning, but my bot was able gain traction advantage over his static wheels and won.

My match against John G. Both bots catch the rope at the beginning and just pull by the wheels. His wheels have smaller surface contact area but spin a lot faster and was winning against my big and slow wheels. However the fast wheels was also generating some vibration and his bot kind of shook itself off the table within the 3 minutes game time. This was the only game John lost.

My match against Rob’s bot was also interesting. He was winning at the beginning but my bot manage to pull back at about an inch per minute. It was called a draw at the end of 3 minutes.

Best shot of the day