 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16484
Re: Dave's tears - R21 the results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 06:32:53 GMT

After running the full game (156 ish games), all 13 contestants, I would
have to say  R21 was a HUGE success.

I have to agree.  While posts leading up to rtl21 appeared to be pretty quiet
until the last few days (it's obvious we're all procrastinators) I was
thoroughly surprised to see 13 entrants.  That makes my day.

I want to Shout out to Glen, a NEW GUY who showed up to play, and say hi
to Sergio who was afraid to enter a bot cause of all my grandstanding
here on line.

I hope Sergio knows better: No one is afraid of Chris.  Maybe I should put that
onto the sidebar.  At least Glen came out and did a good job.

It was a great Day, Im sure at some point Dave will post the official
results, and Calum will have images.

I'm awaiting Dave to send the official results so I can put them on the photo
page.  Everyone who took photos should post their links into the NG so I can
link to them.

John G entered a bot that would Drive off the edge.  So he had to
rebuild it when he realized NOT all bots will grab the rope at the start.

It was really nice to see JohnG come out again.  He's been away for a long time.

Ed, was the ONLY guy who need all 48 linear FEET of the rope for his
bot. the rules page was vague about the rope length.  so we gave in, and
allowed HIS bot to use this EXTRA rope.

Vittalli believed us when Calum posted that the tables were 60" and
built a cool baby gate that went 60". too bad the tables were 96"

We made appropriate concessions for these two, I hope that worked out.   Although there should never really be any assumptions made about unstated items or things that say "roughly" on them.   Sort of like, no where does it say that all 48 feet would be available.

Iain and John, showed up with a 2.7 Lb bot, cause for some reason iain,
thought the weight limit was 1.5 KG.

I'm not even going there with Mr I Love Metric.

Calum was the Surprise.  built a nice bot, and it worked.

I was happy it worked, though it really didn't work the way I wanted it to.

As to be expected. I won.
flat out, hands down.

Now THAT is a little revisionist, isn't it?  :)

Calum