 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16483
16482  |  16484
Subject:
Dave's tears - R21 the results
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 01:21:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well,

After running the full game (156 ish games), all 13 contestants, I would
have to say  R21 was a HUGE success.

I want to thank Dave, Derek, for some FANTASTIC personal WIN's over
there bots.

I want to Shout out to Glen, a NEW GUY who showed up to play, and say hi
to Sergio who was afraid to enter a bot cause of all my grandstanding
here on line.

It was a great Day, Im sure at some point Dave will post the official
results, and Calum will have images.

The results as i recall them were like this:

John G entered a bot that would Drive off the edge.  So he had to
rebuild it when he realized NOT all bots will grab the rope at the start.

Ed, was the ONLY guy who need all 48 linear FEET of the rope for his
bot. the rules page was vague about the rope length.  so we gave in, and
allowed HIS bot to use this EXTRA rope.

Vittalli believed us when Calum posted that the tables were 60" and
built a cool baby gate that went 60". too bad the tables were 96"

Iain and John, showed up with a 2.7 Lb bot, cause for some reason iain,
thought the weight limit was 1.5 KG.

Dave showed up with his normal BRICK BOT (18 lb's), and spent the day
crying, and re-building, till he finally entered a bot that, when it
went up against mine..... well, lets just say DAVE LOST.

Calum was the Surprise.  built a nice bot, and it worked.

Rob had a great bot, with no table hooky things.

Ka-On showed up with a simple 6 or 8 wheel puller. His was one of the
few robots I lost too.

Trevyn had a nice bot that grabbed the rope up high. I think i beat his bot

As to be expected. I won.

flat out, hands down.

my Secret...

The Tires.

Whats so special about the tires,

I used a 56x30R tire  http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32180

and turned it INSIDE OUT, and mounted THAT on a a 43.2 x 28s Tire

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6579?img=23740

the result was THEE stickiest all lego tire EVER!

if your building a sumo, then THIS is the new tire you will want to try
to beat.

now, you all know. Sumo will never be the same and you can ALL pay
homage to me.

Humbly your.
Chris
(the meek)