 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16119
    TUG of WAR —Chris Magno
   In conversation, This was brought to my attention. ---snip---- 2 thoughts these are JUST ideas. 1. in "real" tug of war, letting go of the rope is a forfeit, do we allow even temporary releasing the rope? There is SLIGHT advantage of releasing the (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: TUG of WAR —Derek Raycraft
     (...) I recall we discussed the idea that playing out the rope is OK, but if you loose the rope you loose. So if all the rope is pulled through your robot you loose, but if you let out two feet and grab again that's OK. I'm happy with that. (...) I (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: TUG of WAR —Ross Crawford
     (...) Ummmm on it's way to zooming off the edge, would it not pull the rope past it's winning line? I really don't see any advantage at all. ROSCO (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: TUG of WAR —Rob Antonishen
   (...) Don't see why not. This could be a risky move, but could also be a good strategy to break the grip or traction fo the opponent bot. (...) Again, don't see why not, so long as it meets the start size/weight and location. (...) As always, I like (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: TUG of WAR —Chris Magno
   (...) Calum has this link, but its not "public" until we all agree on a rule set and date. (URL) from the FLOOD of people who replied to this post, I guess we are all happy with the rules a discussed. Chris (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: TUG of WAR —David Koudys
   In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) I'm with the rules as discussed thus far--'letting go' of the rope is a valid strategy, as long as the rope doesn't leave the 'volume' of the robot (as Calum stated in the rulz) However, I (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)