 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16124
Re: TUG of WAR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2006 14:23:02 GMT

<snip>

Calum has this link, but its not "public" until we all agree on a rule
set and date.

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/rtl21/

OK, from the FLOOD of people who replied to this post, I guess we are
all happy with the rules a discussed.

Chris

I'm with the rules as discussed thus far--'letting go' of the rope is a valid
strategy, as long as the rope doesn't leave the 'volume' of the robot (as Calum
stated in the rulz)

However, I think that there should be one more 'winning scenario'--the ones that
Calum has listed are--

"
A robot wins the contest immediately if:

The opponent is pulled, removed or knocked off the table.
The opponent has "lost" the rope such that it is no longer within its volume.

A round lasts three minutes. At the end of three minutes, the robot that has
pulled the marker point closer to it's side wins.
"

All valid winning things.  However, we forgot the most important one from real
tug o' war matches--

If you get the 'flag' on your side of the line within the time alotted, you win.

That's not explicitly stated.  If that's not in there, then there's no real
point to have the line at the 18 inch mark, beyond having the 'bot start there.

Anyway, this is going to be a fun one.

Dave K