 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16121
Re: TUG of WAR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2006 03:08:56 GMT

On 28-May-06, at 2:56 AM, Chris Magno wrote:

1. in "real" tug of war, letting go of the rope is a forfeit, do we
allow even temporary releasing the rope?

There is SLIGHT advantage of releasing the rope in the hope that
the opponent zooms off the edge with no one to hold him back.

I recall we discussed the idea that playing out the rope is OK, but
if you loose the rope you loose.  So if all the rope is pulled
through your robot you loose, but if you let out two feet and grab
again that's OK.  I'm happy with that.

2.  Do we want to allow bots to grasp/hook the end of the table to
anchor?

I think this is reasonably tricky to do, so I think it should be fine.

Could we make this game JUST about design, and wheel choice or
loops holes?

When isn't it about design and loop holes.  No mater what the rule
set is there will always be ways to do things that were unintended.
I don't think there's a reason to strictly enforce a design.  I think
the weight rule is a good way to stop the designs from getting too
crazy.

Derek