 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15772
Re: Going underground for the week... (warning--image intensive)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:50:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

paraphrase “K - here’s a really cool video that shows how I plan my robots and design them to act as a well thought out coherent whole, looking vaguely organic and eerily lifelike while operating...

As for Rob’s robots... they look like something my cat puked up (if I had a cat).

meh.” /paraphrase

   Dave K

Well...at least I’ll have good memories...at worst my ‘bot will collapse on the playfield out of pure embarrassment :)

-Rob A>

(Now I too will go under cover for the remainder of the week, so no-one will be able to laugh until Saturday...)

Rob, I know you’re relatively new to the rtl thing

Relatively meaning you weren’t there for the height of the ‘Hey Mister’...

Let me see if I can dig up some pictures of the “early daze”...

Chris’s sumo ‘bot in Guelph having a nervous breakdown--

Chris’s block stacking ‘bot--

From whence the expression was first uttered...

Chris’s second attempt at blockstacking ‘bot--

And Chris working on his second ‘bot

Which was the second time the phrase was uttered...

Ahhh... but then Chris started learning---ahhh gwasshoppahh, you wearn quickwy.... His block sorting ‘bots... good effort!

And this is the point in the story where Chris just blows the doors off everyone else (well, except for Rob S, but I consider Rob S to be the Gretzky of rtl--no one’ll come close to his stuff...)--Chris’s Project X ‘bot--

And I didn’t get any pics of Chris’s Connect 4 entry--Grr!! But again, completely mind-boggling stuff done by Mr. Magno.

As for me, here’s my second rtl ‘bot (leaving Guelph sumo out)--

Block stacking--

And here’s my ‘bot for this Saturday--

To me, pretty much the same--nothing new at all. 4 motor/wheel driving, and a platform that does what it needs to do. YOu look at most of my ‘bots, and they’re all pretty much the same. Chris has gotten to be a far better ‘bot builder since we started, and I’m doing ‘status quo...’

But that’s just me.

Dave K