 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14766
Re: rtl 20 - mating rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:36:44 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

If we can maybe think about limiting the size to 10 x 10 x 10, or even 8x8x8
(though that might be tough), there'd be much more room on the playfield.

WHY?  at max, 10 robots at 12" will only ever fill at MAX, all lined up
in a row, just over 1/10th of the play area.

thats TONS of room.

no. i think we can leave it at 12" knowing that only you and Steve will
build to the full 12"

Though if the 'bots are 12x12x12, we'd just have less 'bots at one time--smaller
orgy...

So have we made a decision on the locale of the hole(s)?

i think my moc-up is a good place to start.

the HITW should be 16 studs long (OD) and, 8 studs (ID)

it is 14 "bricks" tall (OD) and 8 bricks (ID)

i suggest the bottom brick of the HITW be placed 4 bricks above the floor.

and remind people that only bricks in your "hopper" should count towards
final score. and your hopper has to be enclosed.

I'll try mocking something up (again)

Dave K

OK.  its a date.

Chris