 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14760
Re: rtl 20 - mating rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 15:37:46 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:
my GUT FEEL on this is:

it allows someone to make and test a robot that is best suited to mate
with the second (or third) robot entered thus giving them an advantage

i can be convinced otherwise...

thoughts?

I guess it comes down to what's more important, the competition or
getting together to watch robots mate.

Without even considering bots working together, a game where dumb luck
is important, running more then one bot definitely increases your
chances of winning.

So is that important enough to forbid multiple entries.  Are you afraid
Steve is going to come up with 20 robots and take the prize through
shear numbers.  Is Rob going to have more children.  Can my invisible
friend enter a bot?  Oh wait he actually showed up to the last dinner.

I definitely think, if you are entering multiple bots, they better not
be the same.  They should exhibit different strategies, and shouldn't be
designed to work together.  You can't really make rules against this,
but you can endlessly taunt someone that does it. :-)

Derek