 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14762
Re: rtl 20 - mating rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:41:57 GMT

Derek Raycraft wrote:

Hmm, this might be a little cramped.  Lined up perfectly the robots take
1/6 the total play area.  I'm picturing a 8 bots jammed in a corner and
one or two bouncing around in the remaining open space.  But it's still
worth a try.  We can always increase or reduce numbers on the day.

10 was just a number.  we can change it on the day

Agreed.  Play it by ear.
Maybe have a couple of rounds, with increasing number of bots in the field?

-multiple entries will be discouraged, or run in a seperate game

Why?

my GUT FEEL on this is:

  it allows someone to make and test a robot that is best suited to mate
with the second (or third) robot entered thus giving them an advantage
i can be convinced otherwise...
thoughts?

Let's say I build 2 robots, and they are designed to find/mate with each other
easily.  So they mate. And have a smoke afterwards.
But 1x1=1, so each will have a score of 1, plus points for any other bots they
mate with.  Is that a big deal?
3 bots by one builder, that's a little different.
But the bots would still have to navigate the field, and other bots could hijack
or interrupt the pre-arranged mating rituals :)

I wouldn't rule out multiple entries YET.
They may be good, depending on how many people build for the event.
Let's decide closer to game day, through the usual committee, voting, tabling
motions, etc procedures that we always use in cases like this ;)

This game needs as many bots as possible.

YES

- scoring is based on multipling blocks in to plocks deposited

Sure.

OK

John