 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14587
Re: rtl 19 'Sumo on a stick' pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 19:09:28 GMT

Greg Hyland wrote:

One modification to the rules--your 'bot cannot touch the ground at anytime
during the competiton or you lose (pieces falling off the 'bot don't count)

Or how about:
1. No part of your robot may touch the floor at the BEGINING of the contest.
2. At least one powered motor must be used.
Both these rules would prevent my dad from building me a big solid tower that
just hold my end up.
-Greg

ya know....

a SIZE limit would have stopped the 5' tower bots. ~BUT~ it was MR. NO
SHOW Iain, who asked for this.

For what its worth.... all the types of robots were valid entries under
the current rules.

that means.. the GRAVITY bots, the tower bots, and those FAST cool,
easily catapulted bots are all valid.

Chris