 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14447
  Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) Yes and? (...) Listen, any rtlToronto member will clearly tell you I'm the most administrative of anyone here. I administrate for a living. I just came home from a 10 hour stretch of administrating. :) So don't get me wrong, I believe in (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) Exactly. It's easy to mock. I've mocked committees before. Heck, I thought the LPRC was an April Fools joke - and look how right I was about that. (...) But the point of enthusiast organisation committees is that they think they need them. If (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  (canceled)

  a fight at the playground...Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) You mean you had hope that something useful would come from this newsgroup? I guess you haven't been watching very close. (...) That's right. What gives Calum the right to speak his mind? Who put him in charge, anyway? (...) How many examples (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

So, I had this HUGE rebuttal to Don's post, and I swear the commuter crashed just before I hit send. I took it as a sign that it was TOO HARSH. so I'm going to summarize it with this: ----snip----- Don, When you are done servicing larry, why dont (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) HEY! i was on that "joke" as you call it. and we were VERY SLOWLY making inroads as to where to go. I mean a motion was tabled, someone took charge. items were discussed. I think the LPRC served a purpose and had an outcome that I was pleased (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) Yeah, I guess you and Chris Magno are right. I really should just set my skip filter and learn not to intrude. The spotlight on the original post and the word CAD pulled me in, sorry. So I suppose I should probably cancel the post? Is there an (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

Don Hesse wrote: >> Personally, I think it's poor taste to come into a newsgroup created for an organization of which you are not a part, and insult the people who ARE part of the organization. Trust me, I know poor taste. I think about it every (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground...Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote: <snip> . (...) C$? Wasn't that an awesome event?? Probably the second best rtl robot event ever!!! (first being block stacking, but I may be slightly biased on that one...) Dave K -who wants this (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) <snip> There's the Chris I know and love! Dave K -maybe the flurry of posts this is ging to cause will reap Chris the 'ban stick' once again... (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) Hey, I just noticed that this place is full of Canadians! What the heck is that aboot, eh? Dave! (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) Actually Dave, I still very much fear being banned again. until I ~know~ for certain that the people who took it upon themselves to ban me truly no longer have access to the system, will I then not worry. Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) damn Canadians. Glad I'm not one of them. (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) ummmmmmm dave. What did you THINK the "Rice Krispies" were made of? of course we are Canadian, the lug is BASED in toronto. we have a few non-Canadian "honorary" members. Ross C Steve H John B Dan/Jen B Mario F i think Jake M is a member? but (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) If you stick around long enough, you just might like the place... (and go 'native') ;) Dave K (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) you, sir, are such a Canadian wannabe... (URL) Steve surrounded by 'Damn Canucks'!! (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: a fight at the playground...Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) wow steve. i just dont get it. you won. it was an amazing event, and you had some really nice robots. heck one of them WON you first prize. which as i understand it, your turning into a multi-million dollar BOOK revenue stream. why is that in (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) ... (...) ... Hey. How'd I get on that list? This is not as funny if I actually am part of the organization... Is it poor taste to decline an honorary membership, just so I can mock the real members, when they mock non-members? No, actually, I (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) THAT is one GREAT picture. oh those were the days. now look at what we've become. Chris. (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: a fight at the playground

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) I seem to recall appreciating your edited picture better... Dave K (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) Oh, wait a minute--I misread the group's title. I thought it meant "organic Californian retail tornados." Silly me! Dave! FUT: lugnet.off-topic.I-K...-I-See-One 8^) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) if you can tell me how Christina H got her pic on the rtl FRONT page, i will be MORE than happy to remove you from the honorary member list. you see steve, its like this: if you DONT have committee then you can do what you want. so really it (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) was that the funny edited pic where i put a funny beard and moustace on steve? no, wait... never mind Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) LMAO!!! :) (...) dave, watch this.... ---...---snip---...--- So if you type in our groups URL as this: (URL) opposed to the correct one: (URL) will see a VASTLY differnt web page. and one that is NOT CORRECT to say the least. (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) No, thank goodness. Instead, we get the lovely label of "Hoosiers". A word whos very origin is debated (but unflattering). (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) wow. what next? your president telling schools that just MAYBE man was NOT evolved? i prefered it when the biggest worry was the size of a presidents cigar. NOW i have to worry about the price of gas. Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) Given the choice of: (A) Christinia (B) Steve Who's picture would you really want on any rtl page? (...) Would that be a dishonorable discharge? Steve ps gas has gone up ~$1.00 (us) in the last two days. (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) I find this post offensive. Don is a big contributor to LDraw, and does it in a very selfless way. You don't like the tools fine. Just don't use them. (...) <snip> (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) In fact, every member has the power to cancel their own posts, provided they have access to a news client that has cancel functionality (which means most of them these days). Now all we need is for email and web-based cancel to be (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) Like Steve, I'm wondering how I got on that list? I mean, I didn't even ENTER the bloody connect-4 contest... ROSCO (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) ross, YOU showed up at one of our TRAIN events many years ago. The rule is thus: if you show up and are from "out of province" then you get to be an honourary member (if i think your cool) Dem's 'da breaks, big boy. Chris (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) Ah yes, I recall - (URL) the first, inaugural, train1>, after I managed to find the place. Guess I'll just have to live with that label too then. ROSCO (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) I think you're missing the point of the original post: All this LDraw talk has produced nothing to effect change on the user interface of the actual software programs which I (and several others now) have difficulty with. If you really wish to (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground

(...) c'mon - everyone knows man was created by the flying spaghetti monster... (URL) A> (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: a fight at the playground...Re: Am I the only person who finds Lego CAD systems infuriating?

(...) you can you know (URL) Tim (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)