 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13325
Re: Mmm. This made my day....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:50:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Deborah Higdon wrote:
   many thanks. the tent in which we displayed was set up very conveniently located beside one of their kiosks on the canal and the members of the group were lucky enough to benefit from their healthy fare! poor janey was supposed to come up for the event but was unable to make it. she has never had the pleasure of tasting one of these treats. i offered to mail one to her but she graciously declined. afraid the beaver might chew through the cardboard box?

They’re absolutely delicious--while working in Ottawa one summer, I ate there three times a day, for a full week, primarily on a dare by my manager who said he’d authorize me submitting 21 Beavertails as “business expense” if I tried. At least now there’s one in Toronto at Ontario Place as well as one at Blue Mountain in Collingwood...

In fact, I even have a photo of the store in Ottawa:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/ottawa-beavert.jpg

I think you captured it’s essence perfectly!

Calum