 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12767
Re: Costco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:16:22 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:
Because it wouldn't be this Friday, it would be next Friday, being usually the
second Friday of the month, barring whatever excuse I can think of to move it.

Oops sorry, I'm a week ahead of myself.

I don't have a Costco membership.  If you're looking for Lego, then no, but if
you want something like a giant vat of pickles or a skid load of bacon bits,
then I have a Sam's Club membership.

No, it's something at Costco, I highly doubt it would be duplicated at
Sam's.

We just got a Costco here and it seems Sam's is cheaper on stuff we've spot
checked, has that been your experience there too?

For instance, we priced some folding chairs, Target wanted 24, Costco wanted 17
for similar, and Sam's had the EXACT SAME CHAIR (right down to the Costco logo
on the bottom) for 14.

It is highly unusual that they have the same stuff but...

Given my druthers, I'd rather give the business to Costco if the prices are
anywhere close, they seem much better socially (i.e. nicer to their employees,
less bullying to their suppliers etc...)

PLUS Costco in other parts of the country has had some great LEGO deals.