 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10845
Re: Ahem, onwards to rtl16, thank you
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:49:29 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

This gets us out of a battery box only solution.

Is there a reason to eliminate the battery box solutions?

I understand if RCX-less robots are allowed, Rob will show up with something
really cool, that flys up the rope, and wins the event, but doesn't have any
program.

What's wrong with that?

Robots that use mechanical logic can be very fun to watch.  Isn't that the
point?

yes, and no.

but more like no.

(gadder 'roud chit-lins  unc-y chris, gonna tells y'all's a story)

rtlToronto was first created as a way to meet like minded lego enthusiasts in
the Toronto area. this was a bit of a flop, and quickly turned into a mechanism
to put forward an excuse to build with the RCX we all just purchased.  those
first few games set the tone(s) that we still base our games on today.

we all own rcx, we need a reason to own them, having a game where you do not
need the RCX defeats the original purpose of our existence.

this does not mean that you will be barred if you can solve our games without an
RCX.  We just like to use the little yellow brick, and see no reason to not use
it.

Chris
steve--blah blah blah -- he stole something--- blah blah blah