 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10584
  C$ video

I don't know if anyone cares, but I shot some video (with my really cool LEGO vision command camera) this weekend, while we were testing our robots. Here it is, if you want to check it out. (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

Hey Steve, Windows Media Player is erroring on the first three and I'm getting a file not found on that last one. Oh, the description of the error is very informative: "Error# C00D11CD Sorry, no more help is available for this problem at this time." (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) Same here, using RealPlayer - except that it actually crashes... mplayer didn't crash, but watching it over a remote X display over a DSL line is not actually usable. (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) I know back when I posted clips for Legway, people said WMP complained about having the right Codex (or something like that) I don't remember exactly what they had to do. I have no clue what the Vision Command software uses to compress the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

Steve, steve steve. I've had to do some major WORK to figure out the problem with your videos. for most people its one of 2 things: 1) the codec: in this case iv50 b) a corrupt file. I am just a pyroguy by trade. not some super genius programer (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) hmm. I should have switched the filetype to binary, from ascii in ftp. sorry. it works now. (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) video of people watching robots, or something. At least the 2 I tried out of the first 3, anyway. The last one I get the same "file not found" error as others have reported. Pfft. (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) I think it's a plot by Steve to get us to waste our time trying to get his videos to work rather then working on our own bots. :-) Derek (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

Steve, good news, bad news. I know you were trying to HIDE you robot, but you forgot to ~THINK~ um, HELLO! I work in the entertainment industry. I sent one of the videos over to my buds at a digital FX house. They noticed that a small reflection (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) Well duh! Jennifer (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) Crap. You CAN see it. :( I know you guys did it before, but I'm glad you're doing it again. I'm not sure why I would have to change anything on my robot. As you can see, I successfully Connected Four cubes along BOTH diagnals. But I still (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) Ya, but why drag "innocent"(0) "bystanders"(0) into it? I mean if Steve's "all that"(0) (and I certainly get the impression at least one person (1) thinks so) you'd think he'd be showing off actual robots, (not guys standing around), to the (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) I've always been an innocent bystander--why get involved in the affairs of others? just gives you heartache and a black eye. MYOB is my motto! Dave K -dave who? is there some guy named (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) (0) I will apologize to any innocent bystanders, if I find any. (1) Steve thinks he's lucky. A lot. (2) As the filename indicates, that's Greg and John. If you really want to see actual robots, come back next week. I'll post some pictures of (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: C$ video

(...) OR people could just SHOW UP the day of the contest. Chris There's no 'I' in 'team'. There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)