 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10265
Re: stop when it isn't fun anymore
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 03:27:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Rob,

I'll offer, again:

For anyone interested in building a robot, but not learning what alpha-beta
means, I have stand-alone code for an RCX that will calculate the next move.

I know, I know. I really don't see the point in this though.

Can you build a robot?  :)

Sure, and I did. But there is nothing terribly interesting about the mechanics
of a connect four robot anyway. I had a wild idea to make a rotary arm like
Iain's viper to scan the board, but I would need 2:1 gearing at the elbow to
produce the straight line motion at the end. This is not easily done with Lego.
As far as I know, there is no 28 tooth gear.

Rob