 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10261
Re: stop when it isn't fun anymore
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 2004 03:39:17 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
For anyone interested in building a robot, but not learning what alpha-beta
means, I have stand-alone code for an RCX that will calculate the next move.

I'm under the impression that most of the bots will be pretty similar in terms
of hardware. Seems kind of pointless to build and not code. On that note, I
completely rebuilt the top half of my bot the other day and got my 'worst case'
scan time to about 15 secs. I consider this to be the worst case for scanning:

X0X0X0X
0000000
0000000
0000000
0000000
0XOXOXO
(where X represents the square that needs to be scanned...)

It's completely unrealistic as a game situation, but it's something to benchmark
by, since the vertical axis has to travel the maximum distance each row.

I think there's a good chance Mike P. will have a robot.  Right?  :)

Yeap. I gotta represent the younger generation!

I have 2.

Grr... half my ideas go down the drain cause I just plain don't have the parts.
:) All you people with like twenty RCXs. *so full of rage*

Mike. btw- Happy New Year