 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10256
Re: stop when it isn't fun anymore
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:56:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik wrote:
...That is what I decided to do. I just couldn't get into this connect four
thing. I had the beginnings of my code written, but did not have the skills or
the motivation to learn how to code alpha beta junk. I had the robot maybe 75%
built, but I was really unhappy with how it turned out. Way too wobbly and
flimsy. So, I tore everything apart and decided to sit this one out. I'm
actually scheduled to work on competition day anyway.

I can't say I blame you, this is a tough contest.  My current read is Chris,
Steve, Bruce, Derek, are entering this contest.  Any more?!

On a more positive note, Chris had a fantastic idea for the next competition:
Put a dish or paper plate with marbles in it on top of a robot, and have it
drive around an obstacle course as fast as posssible while losing as few marbles
as possible. Nice and easy. And I LIKE it!

The plate has to be something common and easily obtainable anywhere  (ie, can't
be your Aunt Martha's special casserole dish or your parents favourite William
Ashley pattern that went out of production 62 years ago).  I figure like, the
lid of a Wendy's chili container or something.

Calum