 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *969 (-10)
  Re: Train1 Equipment List

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GDHG6M.EC4@lugnet.com... (...) I think they're absolutely *horrid* - I just didn't say anything because no one else did. I honestly think the trains do NOT look like a LEGO product - (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC

(...) In the situation proposed by your vendor, you'd hack the 2x2 end of the 9V track lead off, and screw into the wire terminals of the HO transformer. Well, in the setup I'm proposing, the transformer is the booster, the PC interface does the job (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  DCC

I just finished speaking with someone at Modellers Choice in Hamilton Was talking about a DCC Being a complete newbie in this area, perhaps someone can shed some light. The sales rep spoke about Command 2000, able to control up to 10 trains, and an (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Equipment List

(...) I'm not all that impressed and I'm a huge train newbie. I like my cute little knock off but I'll be the first to admit that it's just okay. The prices seem right in line, and the parts look plentiful. Was thinking about ordering the large w/ (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Equipment List

(...) You are not alone. To many Europeans they look too "american" while to many Americans, they look too "european". I find them cute, but not particularly representative of anything in particular. However I expect non train buffs to like them (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Equipment List

(...) Am I not the only one that's not crazy about the said new trains? I am awestruck by the number of variations and the enthusiasm by Lego, but some how they don't look right to me on second viewing... Calum (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Equipment List

One more to add to the list of no-shows... My Own Train arrived today, Large Engine with Tender, in blue. Must build... Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train1 Equipment List

Oh, I so wish I could get to Train1. Unfortunately I work weekends, and both my coworkers have taken the long weekend off. I was so dissapointed when I found out. 8^( Unless a miracle happens I won't be able to attend. So, here is what I won't be (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: "Track Run"

Thanks for replying! I remember they were there in December. There was a display stand at the back right side of the store, near the play area. (I purchased every #4818 on display, to their surprise they had to go into their stock room and open up (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC for train2

(...) You have plans for a DCC receiver?? Where can I get them (or can you e-mail them to me?). The project that I alluded to in an earlier post (the one about the nail polish/hardener) was an attempt to make a more advanced DCC system. I could (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact