 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 960
Re: DCC for train2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 01:10:50 GMT

On Wed, 16 May 2001 19:43:52 GMT, "ludo soete"
<ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> wrote:

I too a'm starting with a DCC project, completely build-up with plans / book
from ELEKTUUR (ELECTOR in English), but it's not finished yet.I think it
will take another few months before my first test run.When finished, i'll
post it to Lugnet.trains
You have plans for a DCC receiver?? Where can I get them (or can you
e-mail them to me?). The project that I alluded to in an earlier post
(the one about the nail polish/hardener) was an attempt to make a more
advanced DCC system. I could never find out what parts they were using
to decode the signal. I tried making my own, but it gets rather big if
you try to make it with discrete components. Note that I'm not
refering to the commercially available N-scale DCC receivers you
refered to in your post. What I was trying to do was to insert a
computer (microcontroller) between the demodulator and the motor. I
realize that the commercial units already have the microcontroller
built into them, but I need to be able to write my own software to
handle some hardware modificiations I was working on. Anyway, do you
have schematics and/or part numbers for the demodulator??

BTW: I am under the impression that the DCC system is *not*
incompatible with regular train operations since DCC uses a PWM scheme
and regular controllers use AM. It's perfectly acceptable to piggyback
a PWM signal on an AM carrier.

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ