 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 374
Re: Canada Lego Fest ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:20:34 GMT

Let me all fill you in.
(Scene:  Calum's cubicle, March 2000. Calum presses the Chris Magno button
on his rtlToronto Global Ops Command Hotline Phone *(aka his desk phone) and
calls Chris.)

Calum:  Hey Chris.  It's me.  Don't you think it's a great idea to do a
BrickFest in Canada?  Some guys are doing it in like, Virginia of all
places.  We should do one too.  We could make t-shirts!

Chris:  Can't talk.  (explosion in background)  I'm doing a show. (chainsaw
sound, screaming)

Calum:  (ignores part about can't talk) So, what do you think?  We could
make shirts!

Chris:  Sounds like too much work to me. (Backstreet Boys pulling each
others hair out in background)  Forget about it.

Calum: Aw man!  But what about the shirts?

-click-

Calum, How is this conversation ANY different than ALL the other times
you call me???

this was almost a verbatim conversation except where you typed the word
shirt, you could have types funnelcake.  and look what happened to THAT!

(then when they see the train go around the track once, they
get bored and leave, back to Robots.)

Of course, those are the same people who think the words "Four Bar Motion"
are some sort of universal puzzle....but anyways.  Yes, this sounds so far
very much like a double rtlToronto event so far.

Universal Puzzle.

gasp

Listen Train Boy

if you keep making cracks like that I'm going to tell your sister that I
had Back Street Boys Back Stage pass's for her and a Friend, BUT it was
YOU who convinced me that she did not want them.   If she ever heard
that...........

(evil grin)

What about seminars and workshops?  Something about...robotics
design?  A
new programming language like pbForth?

See, this is a bit confusing to me.  who could really teach a seminar?
how long would it last???

what could be some potential topics?  (Trains: 6 or 8 wide)

then what would happen, we'd lock you in a room, and ever few hours
thrown in a bag of chips...... yadda yadda......

;)

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm