 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 247
Re: Ack! Dimensions? (was Re: Train2 Modules)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:50:09 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Tim Strutt writes:
Well, I cut all my 1x2's to the correct length, sanded them all down and
the plywood too, and then went to put them together. Doh!
Who would have guessed that a 1x2 was not really a 1x2? It's actually
only 0.75x1.5!?!? This might not come as a surprise to those who have
constructed something out of wood before, but it shocked me.
Now nothing lines up! Everything is cut to the wrong length. Aaugh!!!
Anyways, I can live with the fact that I'll have gaps everywhere, but my
question is, will the module be the correct height?
Are everyone's modules going to be 3/4+1&1/2+3/8" high? If not, then
I'm in big trouble.
Calum? Anyone? Is everyone in the same boat, or am I going to have to
start all over?

1x2's are not 1" x 2", yes, and Iain would probably chime in with how stupid
Imperial measurements are if he wasn't on vacation right now.

But your module should be:

3/8" (MDF or Ply top)
1.5" (middle skirt of 1x2" on end)
0.75" (bottom skirt of 1x2" lying flat)

Since we're on the topic, everyone buy some bolts too :)

Calum