 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 232
Re: Train2 Modules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 04:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, Tim Strutt writes:
Well, I picked up all the 1x2's and plywood to build 3 modules today.
Hopefully can get them together before we head out to Windsor on
Thursday. If they go together well, I will get enough for 3 more, and
then hopefully I can get my mountain together in time to fill the 2x3
module layout that I have been working on.
I don't know where it would fit into their existing plan, but I'll
worry about that later.
We might want to have another module of just town layout too, to display
Jude's apartment and whoever else wants to bring buildings.
Well, I'm getting kicked off the computer by my wife, so TTYL.

Well that's incredible news!  I'm so glad to hear ParLUGment is bringing
modules!  The position on the layout is not really a problem.  Apart from
the corners (ie, JeffE, JeffVW and myself) the rest is relatively
rearrangable to fit however many will end up coming, as long as they fit
into the interconnect guideline:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-module-index.html

One thing I should mention.  Consider how it's all going to fit in your car.
I'm at the limit of what can fit in a 91 Plymouth Voyager with six full
modules.  My plan is to stack them three high, bolted together with 1x3 or
2x2 frames with handles into the bolt holes.  That way all the buildings
stay intact.  Only two of such stacks will fit into the van.    So be
careful, as I mentioned to Chris Leach-it's the transport that's hard-You've
all obviously got the creativity for the actual layouts :)

Calum